Mentoring Study Groups
The study group (SG) program is a two part mentoring program – SG Live and SG Online. Both are described below.
SG Live will be held as part of the pre-meeting training program starting at 6:30 prior to the first meeting each month. We will divide members into small groups led by master photographers to discuss prints and projected images brought in by members. Groups may also be formed to discuss other topics of interest.
Here is how the image evaluation groups work:
· Bring one print or one processed digital image file on a thumb drive.
· Prints can be any size in color or black and white and do not need to be mounted or matted.
· As people arrive, they will be assigned to a group of four or five with a master photographer.
· The group members will give and receive input on their images until 7:15.
· If you did not bring an image, you are encouraged to sit in on a session to either observe or participate.
From time-to-time, SG Live will form groups to discuss topics of interest as identified by the members. We would encourage each member to think about their individual needs – none will be considered too simple or too complex. Members may suggest discussion topics via email or during the meetings. These discussion topics might address image capture, post processing, projected output, printing, etc. This will be much less formal than the regular training and scheduled only when a desire is expressed.
Finally, SG Live will also provide an introduction to the club for new members.
SG Online is hosted on the DCC website and password protected. Members will be randomly assigned to the groups each month after submitting their images. The images will then be evaluated by other members within the group, master photographer commentators and possibly other club members. Both images and evaluations will be posted anonymously. All club members have access to the study groups once they have logged in. You may visit the Mentoring Study Groups page to see how the program works
To enter an image and descriptor:
· Be sure you are logged in using your DCC Member Login (top right of this screen)
· Go to the Study Group home page using Mentoring Study Group link below the login.
· Upload an Image and its descriptor using the links from the Submissions menu on the left.
The process to upload an image evaluation is similar. …