FIELD TRIP TO KENYA AFRICA - A Trip of A Life Time
(see trip brochure for details - HERE)
- 9 days/8 nights trip to Amboseli and Masai Mara during the great migration. Masai Mara has a very high concentration of animals at this time. Thousands of wildebeest & zebra continually cross the Mara River and the plains are filled with predators and other grazing animals. Hopefully, we will have that once-in-a-lifetime experience of watching the crossings, where wildebeest & zebra gather on the riverbanks, jump into the water and try to swim to the other side. The spectacle of crocodiles waiting in the water, animals literally swimming on top of each other and the lucky ones climbing out is something never to be forgotten.
- This trip is geared for photographers. Those who are not photographers may get bored with the conversation and the time it takes to get the right shot.
- We have prime accommodations. Rooms are double occupancy. Single occupancy will be based upon availability and will require a supplementary charge.
- All costs related to the Safari are covered in the trip cost, even medical evacuation to a facility in Nairobi if you have an emergency. What is not covered are drinks (water & alcohol) and any tips. Tips are optional. Typically, we leave a tip of $5 per person/per night for the camp staff and $10 per person/day for the driver. While water in the room is an extra charge, the game drive vehicles provide free water and do not mind if you take a bottle or two to your room.
- The trip begins in Nairobi, Kenya Tuesday July 25, 2023 and ends August 2, 2023. You are responsible for getting to and from Nairobi.
- Your international air travel to/from Nairobi is not covered in the trip cost.
- · The trip cost is $4,790 if paid by check. (Fees apply if paying with credit card via PayPal.) The last day for registration is Monday, August 22, 2022. A 30% deposit of $1,437 is required at the time of registration. Half of the deposit is refundable well into 2023. A booking fee of 15% or $718.50 is non-refundable. The balance of $3,353 is due April 25, 2023 (see Terms and Conditions in the Brochure).
- Registration HERE
Larry Petterborg, Field Trip Director
Mike Hill, Trip Coordinator