WELCOME TO THE DALLAS CAMERA CLUB
We Hold Twice a Month Meetings For Members and Guests
We encourage face coverings inside.
Second Tuesdays - Contest Results Videos Live at 7:30 PM
Fourth Tuesdays - Program Meetings Live at 7:30 PM
Training Before Each Meeting at 6:15PM
New and Perspective Members are invited to an Dallas Camera Club Orientation with Master Photographer and Past President, Jerry Martin.
Meet with Jerry in the back of the room at 6:15 before the Second Tuesday Meeting to hear about the rich history of the club
and learn how to best leverage the resources of the club to improve your photography.
We meet at Congregation Shearith Israel at 9401 Douglas Ave, Dallas, TX 75225
The objective of the Dallas Camera Club is the mutual entertainment and education of its members in all forms of amateur photographic art. The DCC hosts contests and events including monthly competitions, field trips, training classes for all skill levels, workshops, programs of general interest, an Annual Awards Banquet and an annual competition with the Fort Worth Camera Club. The DCC emphasizes club competition as a learning process. Importance is placed on helping the beginner, or new member, feel at ease, ask questions, learn and participate.
JOIN RENEW CONTACT US ABOUT HISTORY
Fort Worth Camera Club Photo Exhibition and Reception
The Fort Worth Camera Club has an exhibition of members' work on display until September 2, 2022 at
Arts Fort Worth in the Frost Gallery at 1300 Gendy Street.
Everyone is invited to an Artist Reception this Friday, July 1st, from 6:00 to 9:00 PM.
The reception is free and the public is invited. Invite your friends and neighbors to join you in viewing all the great photographs!
For more info: FWCC Photo Exhibition
August 23, 2022
Journey, Not Destination and Shooting with Intention
Photography is a form of meditation and presence. We get to remove the chatter from our crazy brains and be in the moment. The joy in getting in the car, pointing in a direction, and seeing what you may find. Turning a corner and discovering something for the first time. Sitting with it, watching the light in the angles change when you move five feet. Letting the landscape breathe. Coming back to it later and getting a whole different experience.
Jarrod Oram is a Dallas, TX-based photographer and brand creative. Whenever he leaves his house with his camera, he has no idea what he may shoot. While he gravitates towards the abandoned, rusty, decayed and forgotten, he allows the journey to dictate what he finds. His photography is a reflection of how he views the world through unmasked technicolor glasses. He searches for the beauty in the forgotten and abandoned, capturing the grace in the flaws and cracks and allowing the breadth of the world to shine through. Waiting hours for a car to move out of the frame, the sun to hit in THE perfect spot or the shadow to crawl to its optimal …giving the subject the time, space and beauty it so rightly deserves.
Music drives the energy of his images. Long road trips with his camera, along musical influences from Radiohead to Miles Davis to Townes Van Zandt to Kendrick Lamar are his soundtrack of driving thousands of miles of back roads, desolate places, small towns, pulsating metropolises, whilst capturing the expanse, quirkiness, stillness, oddities and beauty of everywhere from the Mojave Desert to Paris.
His photographs are meant to be displayed as larger pieces, immersing and transporting you into each location and space. A quiet rainy street and a neon sign at night. An abandoned theater in West Texas. Golden hour at Venice Beach Skate Park.
You can find Jarrod’s work at Scout Design Studio, in restaurant groups in Las Vegas and Dallas, while collaborating with designers, charities, showrooms and private collectors.
FIELD TRIP TO KENYA AFRICA - A Trip of A Life Time
(see trip brochure for details - HERE)
- 9 days/8 nights trip to Amboseli and Masai Mara during the great migration. Masai Mara has a very high concentration of animals at this time. Thousands of wildebeest & zebra continually cross the Mara River and the plains are filled with predators and other grazing animals. Hopefully, we will have that once-in-a-lifetime experience of watching the crossings, where wildebeest & zebra gather on the riverbanks, jump into the water and try to swim to the other side. The spectacle of crocodiles waiting in the water, animals literally swimming on top of each other and the lucky ones climbing out is something never to be forgotten.
- This trip is geared for photographers. Those who are not photographers may get bored with the conversation and the time it takes to get the right shot.
- We have prime accommodations. Rooms are double occupancy. Single occupancy will be based upon availability and will require a supplementary charge.
- All costs related to the Safari are covered in the trip cost, even medical evacuation to a facility in Nairobi if you have an emergency. What is not covered are drinks (water & alcohol) and any tips. Tips are optional. Typically, we leave a tip of $5 per person/per night for the camp staff and $10 per person/day for the driver. While water in the room is an extra charge, the game drive vehicles provide free water and do not mind if you take a bottle or two to your room.
- The trip begins in Nairobi, Kenya Tuesday July 25, 2023 and ends August 2, 2023.
- Your international air travel to/from Nairobi is not covered in the trip cost.
- The trip cost is $4,790 if paid by check. (Fees apply if paying with credit card via PayPal.) The last day for registration is Monday, August 22, 2022. A 30% deposit of $1,437 is required at the time of registration. Half of the deposit is refundable well into 2023. A booking fee of 15% or $718.50 is non-refundable. The balance of $3,353 is due April 25, 2023 (see Terms and Conditions in the Brochure).
- Registration HERE
Larry Petterborg, Field Trip Director
Mike Hill, Trip Coordinator
January 2023 - Members Show
The Elements – Earth, Water, Air and Fire.
Every January the program is a show of members’ work related to a theme. We have done National Parks, the United States, etc.
The theme for January 2023 is The Elements – Earth, Water, Air and Fire.
Start collecting your related images and instructions will for submittal will be provided later.
CONTESTS July Contest Images
September Image Submittal Deadline is September 11
Projected - Open
Color - Open
Monochrome - Open
July Winners Gallery HERE
July Full Size Slideshow of Submitted Images HERE
2022 - 2023 Competition Score Sheet HERE
July 2022 Projected VIDEO
July 2022 Print - Color and Monochrome VIDEO
Dallas Derby Devils Game
Lots of fun, interesting athletes, action and good photo opportunity
Saturday Evening, August 20
Doors open at 6pm
NYTEX Sports Centre
8851 Ice House Dr
N. Richland Hills
Suggest getting tickets ahead of game online
Gen Admission $10.99
VIP Admission $15.99 guaranteed seat next to track
Bring a lawn chair if you want to set next to the track. Can also sit in bleachers or on the floor trackside.
More info available on website
Recent Field Trip Videos
July 2022 Mesquite Rodeo VIDEO
All Field Trip VIDEOS HERE
Online Training Is Available to Members of
Dallas Camera Club and Plano Photography Club
Details For All DCC Classes HERE For All PPC Classes HERE
Training held via Zoom. Find access code DCC MEMBERS PPC MEMBERS
Recent Class Material HERE
August 2022 Newsletter - HERE
Outward Bound - Photographic Contest Opportunities Outside the Club
Click on Image to Go to Details
Frame Destination Offers a 10% Discount to Members. Details HERE.
© DALLAS CAMERA CLUB. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.
All Images © DALLAS CAMERA CLUB Members. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.